Prefabricated construction could be a new technique and is fascinating for big scale housing programmes. The main aim of prefabrication are :
1) To impact economy in value
2) To boost in quality because the elements is factory-made below controlled conditions.
3) To hurry up construction since no hardening is critical.
4) To use domestically on the market materials with needed characteristics.
5) To use the materials that possess their innate characteristics like lightweight weight,easy workability, thermal insulation and combustibility etc.
Need for Pre fabrication
1. Ready-made structures square measure used for sites that aren’t appropriate for traditional
construction technique like cragged region and additionally once traditional construction
materials aren’t simply offered.
2. PFS facilities may be created at close to a site as is finished to form concrete blocks
used in plane of standard knick.
3. Structures used repeatedly might be standardized .
- Readymade elements are used
- Shuttering and staging is greatly reduced.
- Construction time is reduced and buildings ar completed sooner permitting on
- Earlier come back of the capital invested with.
- On-site construction and congestion is reduced.
- Internal control is easier during a plant mechanical system setting than a construction and Site setting.
- Manufacture is placed wherever expert labour, power materials house and
- Overheads are lower.
- Time spent in weather or dangerous environments at the development web site is minimised
- Materials for staging is keep partially or fully and used
- Accessibility of precise structure and expect acquisition.
- The Time Period is reduced.
- Fewer enlargement joints are needed.
- Interruptions in connecting is omitted.
- Work is completed with a higher technology.
- Less employees are required.
- Careful handling of ready-made elements like concrete panels or steel and
- glass panels is needed.
- Attention must be paid to the strength and corrosion-resistance of the change of integrity of
- prefabricated sections to avoid failure of the joint
- Equally leaks will generate at joints in ready-made elements.
- Transportation prices could also be higher for voluminous ready-made sections than for
- the materials of that they’re created which might usually be packed additional with efficiency.
- Giant ready-made structures need heavy-duty cranes measurement and handling to position in position.
- Giant teams of buildings from identical style of ready-made components tend to
- look drab and monotonous.
- Native Jobs area very less
Prefabricated building parts are utilized for buildings that are factory-made off
site and shipped later to assemble at the ultimate location a number of the unremarkably used
prefabricated building. The materials employed in the ready-made parts area several.
The modern trend is to use concrete steel, treated wood, metal cellular concrete,
light weight concrete, ceramic product etc. whereas selecting the materials for
prefabrication the subsequent special characteristics area unit to be thought-about.
- Thermal insulation property
- simple workability
- sturdiness altogether climatic conditions
- Non combustibility
- Economy in price
- Sound insulation
In the olden days building a house was by the use the bricks, timber, cement, sand, steel and construction mixture etc and to construct the house on site from these materials. In ready-made construction solely the foundations are created during this method. While sections of walls floors and roof ar ready-made structures with windows and door frame enclosed and transported to the positioning upraised in to position by a crane and stewed along. tekla structural steel designing courses in kochi